Thursday, April 19, 2012

Activities for the little man

This Activity was inspired by looking at the Daily Deal that Michaels had today.  These glass rocks were 1.00 for a bag. I had originally thought I would get a few different bags, each being a different color so that they could be used in a variety of math games (examples being sorting, patterens and addition). That thought changed when I got to the store a realized that they had a bag of glass rocks that were different colors and sizes, so that is what I got.  When I got home I went to my closet of empty containers from other household items (I love when I can get two uses out of something).  I found the container from the Cottonelle Flushable wipes, and an egg carton.  I gave these items to little A man and sat back to see what he would do. 
At first he just ran his hands through the glass rocks.

The above, and lower picture are showing what he did with them.  I did not give him any direction so he could explore.  As he gets familar with this activity I will than start giving sugestions as to things he can do; sorting, counting, colors.  Than as he gets older we will progress to addition and subtraction activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment